Amazing Collection

orkneysea

• New Members

on e bay at the moment is a very rare collection of the best devonian fish ive seen, there is five in total worth a fortune and still at 1p, my top tip for the day is get yourself bidding before time runs out- orkneysea is the seller

good luck

I just went there. orkneysea has a sales listing of 4. No items were listed when I did a search.

Edited by Frank Menser

Be true to the reality you create.

• New Members

I just went there. orkneysea has a sales listing of 4. No items were listed when I did a search.

i am the seller, if you read the item description or even count the fossils you will see 5.

thanks,

Orkneysea is on the UK eBay. There were four positives for orkneysea as a buyer, none as a seller.

The fish collection is represented on the auction by a single image of dark blobs on a table -- it's the sort of image that sometimes prompts me here to post my tips for making better images. Yet, orkneysea values the collection at thousands of pounds, and spends lots of words in hyping the value and rarity. Bidding was at 21 pounds. :phew:

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Why do you not mention the species? I believe Orkney's Devonian fish are quite well researched, and for such a "high quality" collection you are giving awfully few taxonomical or stratigraphical details.

What kind of "Sharks" are we looking at according to you? <_<

(By the way: I think you are referring to Acanthodians, which are sometimes called "primitive sharks", but this is in fact an error, as these fish are not related to modern-day sharks)

So what species of Acanthodian are you actually referring to, a Diplacanthus or Cheiracanthus or what else?

The two genera you mention; Dipterus and Osteolepis, are common species in Orkney's Devonian, and even the largest and most detailed specimens would not fetch the thousands of pounds you are implying them to be worth.

Orkney fish are nice though, so I look forward to seeing more photographs in any case. B)

cheers,

Mark

Edited by FrozenInTime

This forum is not an ebay market. If you would like to list your ebay items on this board you need to establish yourself as a reputable member first.