Fossilized Crocodile/alligator Found In Texas! Any Info Appreciated!

KSanch

• New Members

Hi guys,

I'm new here and have no fossil experience whatsoever. I own a used shelving business in San Antonio and recently traded for a near complete fossilized alligator/crocodile and was hoping I could get some information on it.

Here are some pictures of it...

post-3349-12751625315376_thumb.jpg

post-3349-12751625187222_thumb.jpg

post-3349-12751625251568_thumb.jpg

post-3349-1275162512354_thumb.jpg

Like I said, I've never dealt with fossils before, but this seems like a pretty decent specimen. What should I be looking to do with this piece and how do I find out its age/worth?

• New Members

Also, if anyone knows of any fossil experts I could meet with in central Texas I'd really appreciate their contact info!

Thanks again,

Kyle

I don't see any alligator or croc fossil...

" We're all puppets, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings. "

what a delicious looking piece of fossilized bacon!

on the real though....there isnt anything fossilized about that.

or even "organic" really at all....amazing pseudofossl though. truly remarkable how it even has the "ribs" on one side.

just as a statement to prove its not a fossil: if thin little bones like the ribs would be so perfectly preservered like it appears.....then (for example) the back scute plates would DEFFINATELY be preserved. scute plates are so hard and think you would see the lay out in the top of the peice, or even where the "head" and "body" meet. (google "croc scute" to get an idea) looks more like dried up mud. sorry.

• New Members

Awww poo!

I know it has a lot of rock on the top, I just hoped that there was a croc underneath! Pretty good fake to the untrained eye! Thanks for your help.