Help With Formations.

bear-dog

:unsure: Can someone help me with an old problem?Since there is sooo much in fighting about formations in Fl.I need a source to find the official formations for the areas here.It's driving me crazy :wacko:

Thanks for the help.

Bear-dog.

:blush: Nevermind,found it.Talk about a DUH!moment.

Thanks Gatorman :goodjob: My hero!

Bear-dog.

Heheh Bear-Dog. I had them help me as well.. :-)

~Mike

All your fossils are belong to us

:mail: To make it simple as I can,it's the scientific name for the geological layer your fossils are found in.Hope this info. was helpful :jig: j

Bear-dog.

very hard to understand (and find) fossils without studying the geology of your area. you need to know when you go out hunting what the strata look like and what age they are and whether they're known to contain fossils.

Indeed. That I believe is what I struggle with more then anything else. Kinda like fishing in a lake with no fish..except you're the only 1 who doesnt know theres no fish. >.< I'm reading as much as possible to figure it all out.

yeah, it's really weird sometimes. some places are sort of full of fossils, but others they're found in very small areas or very thin layers in strata. so my goal is usually to get to an area where i know the strata is supposed to be fossiliferous and then check as many exposures of that strata as possible, like by driving down a road rapidly checking every single roadcut, etc. but over time, you come to have a sense at least of where *not* to expect to find anything.

So what is the source to find the official formations for Florida ? :(

Start by clicking ON THIS LINK.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!