Nice Find Tell Me What U Think!

aaron

hey guys this is one of me and my buddys find kinda sucks but we where findin so mny geods and just breaking them open and we had no clue we would of found this ammonite its pretty wreck well i mean toast lol but tell me what u think im located in washington state on the coast anything u wanna say fill free as in r they hard to find im new to this site THANKS!!!! P.S THE DATES R WRONG I FOUND IT 5/29/10

100_1182.jpg

100_1181.jpg100_1180.jpg100_1179.jpg

cool find.

Its not ruined in my opinion. It would be perfectly possible to glue it back together, and prep it from the outside. Looks cool, might be worth doing.

man, i woulda given you a couple of grand for it if you hadn't busted it.

but seriously, it's a fairly cool display of concretionary diagenetic processes as it is.

:mellow:

i wouldn't feel bad if i were you. if you don't have a way to easily break down the concretions to see what's in them without just breaking them, then you just end up taking the chance, but once in a while, you'll probably come out ok on one. if you search on this forum, you'll find peoples' descriptions of freeze/thaw methods of trying to crack them open. at any rate, it's a cool find.