Winner Of The May 2010 Invertebrate/plant Find Of The Month!

JohnJ

post-420-1275688959652_thumb.jpgpost-420-12756908055683_thumb.jpg

The Winner of the May 2010 Invertebrate/Plant Find Of The Month is the 13" Cenoceras obesum & 19" Paracoroniceras charlsei nautiloid & ammonite of the Lower Jurassic Sinemurian in Dorset, UK!

Steve (Terry Dactyll) you have amazed us with your ability to find and prep fossils many of us would never see. Congratulations and thanks!

Further thanks to the rest of you that shared some remarkable finds.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

You're to good!! Congratulations. :D

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

That is a very nice fossil and a great prep job also. WTG B)B)B):)

It's my bone!!!

Steve,

Congratulations!!

Fantastic fossil! wub.gif

Amazing prep work!biggrin.gifcool.gif

Congratulations on a well deserved win!!

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Steve: As I figured, pretty much a one horse race this month. Congrats on such a beautiful grouping

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

i will always be amazed at those pieces. it is hard to comprehend how much effort it takes to bring them from where they're found to the amazing display pieces they are by the time they are shown on the forum. just mind boggling.

i will always be amazed at those pieces. it is hard to comprehend how much effort it takes to bring them from where they're found to the amazing display pieces they are by the time they are shown on the forum. just mind boggling.

Yes, one forgets how much effort it takes when all one has to do is pick up finds already prepped out by nature. Very nice work. B) If it ever needs a new home :P:D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Thanks to all the members that took part, voted and posted nice comments about my find..... Its a very hard award to win considering the calibre, rarity and quality of the fossil material that the contributors of this forum turns up on a very frequent basis....Im always amazed to see it and learn from it.....

Thanks again.... Steve :)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Congrats, Steve. That is one awesome display. I'll PM you my address :P

Steve, once again I am amazed by the quality of your prep work and beauty of your local fossils. Keep up the good work!

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Steve, You done real good! Congrats! Regards,Chris

Thanks guys.....

Hi Steve and congrats! Just noticed this here. How could I overlook such a fantastic qualitative piece of work like that? :wub: Well worth the award :thumbsu:

All the best, Roger

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Rodger ....Thanks for your kind words.... Its took me quite a while to win it.... these guys find some top stuff....

Yes, Steve, I've already noticed that. I must say, I'm quite impressed.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

• 4 weeks later...

post-420-1275688959652_thumb.jpgpost-420-12756908055683_thumb.jpg

The Winner of the May 2010 Invertebrate/Plant Find Of The Month is the 13" Cenoceras obesum & 19" Paracoroniceras charlsei nautiloid & ammonite of the Lower Jurassic Sinemurian in Dorset, UK!

Steve (Terry Dactyll) you have amazed us with your ability to find and prep fossils many of us would never see. Congratulations and thanks!

Further thanks to the rest of you that shared some remarkable finds.

wow amazing!