Dino Ridge

Ramo

Took a little time off work today and hiked up Dinosaur Ridge west of Denver. Got to see some ripple-marks, dino tracks, and even some dino bone. Thought I'd share some pictures.

post-40-12757843166778_thumb.jpg

post-40-12757843329714_thumb.jpg

post-40-12757843488908_thumb.jpg

post-40-12757843673359_thumb.jpg

post-40-12757843827473_thumb.jpg

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

A day off...<sigh>

Thanks for the pictures :)

Are those maybe sauropod tracks in the ripple pic? And the last shot, is that the mother of all pseudofossils?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

That lst shot is actually bone. I should have taken a close up showing the structure better. Those could be tracks in the ripple-photo, the tracks are hard to see here if they hadn't blackened them.

-Aldo Leopold

Look again at the last pic: I "see" the head of a dinosaur, looking to the left! This is why I thought you'd taken the pic; a formation that looked like a dino head. Is it just me? :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Super cool picts Bowkill thanks for sharing! :D

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Auspex, that does look kind of like a head. I think it's part of a pelvis. Monday I'm planning on going down to Florissant to do a little collecting of my own. From what I have researched I think I can expect some plant material andI can hope for an insect or even possibly some bird stuff. I'll post a report after I get back.

-Aldo Leopold