Trio of mosasaur teeth in matrix

Georgemckenzie

Hiya everyone I’m interested in this allocation of mosasaur teeth I know the roots are often faked so any help would be great.

IMG_6907.jpeg

IMG_6908.jpeg

IMG_6909.jpeg

IMG_6910.jpeg

IMG_6911.jpeg

Looks like some real teeth with roots to me, but,,,,  the lower right tooth looks to have been placed there?  Makes me wonder about all of them because of that one.  Have they all been placed? 

RB

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, RJB said:

Looks like some real teeth with roots to me, but,,,,  the lower right tooth looks to have been placed there?  Makes me wonder about all of them because of that one.  Have they all been placed? 

RB

I’m not sure as the seller didn’t specify, my main concern was if the roots were real and original to the tooth, I do agree that they do look like they might have been placed, as long as there authentic I don’t mind.

• Enjoyed 1

The problem is that mosasaur teeth are very common in parts of Morocco.

Sellers can't sell individual teeth for very much at all and they end up with mountains of the things. 

So, they have to find ways of getting them off their hands and making some dosh. 

That's where the bits of bone with teeth glued in, the fake jaws and the associations in sand and glue come in. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

It is an original piece. The the roots all belong to the crowns and the matrix has not been disturbed. 

• I Agree 1