Is good to consider this rock and this shale fracments as fossils remains?

Miguel Váquez

Helo members, I find this week this rocks around of a big boulder rock (check pictures of the boulder I 've include please). 

I think to propose this like a remains of  disaster meteorite over some time in the geological time scale but I interesting what sciences think. The boulder is a single rock distorted in there around I find the rock I've share here and another ones than look's eucariots.

IMG_20231012_161913629.jpg

IMG_20231012_154037647.jpg

IMG_20231012_163111417.jpg

IMG_20231012_163120095.jpg

IMG_20231012_170006620.jpg

The first two pictures look like a chert cobble to me, I do not see any obvious fossils in that.  The next two pictures I assume are a two faces of a cut rock?  Looks sort of like a fractured limestone, but that is just a guess without some acid to test it.  Thee are some some small circular objects in it that could be fossils, but could also be a depositional feature, hard for me to tell for sure.  I hope that is the information you were requesting.

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

Just now, ClearLake said:

The first two pictures look like a chert cobble to me, I do not see any obvious fossils in that.  The next two pictures I assume are a two faces of a cut rock?  Looks sort of like a fractured limestone, but that is just a guess without some acid to test it.  Thee are some some small circular objects in it that could be fossils, but could also be a depositional feature, hard for me to tell for sure.  I hope that is the information you were requesting.

To : Clear lake: I find the second fracment ready like in picture here bellow, is curious all the shale have lines in all directions don't make me sense of man work I think is difficult to do like I see, this lines cross too in two corners of the speciment than don't look was break apart, The acid test works in the shale

IMG_20231012_164308413.jpg

IMG_20231012_164334461.jpg

I agree with chert and limestone. Not seeing much else. Certainly not meteorite. Maybe some shell substance in the limestone/shale.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

7 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

I agree with chert and limestone. Not seeing much else. Certainly not meteorite. Maybe some shell substance in the limestone/shale.

I don't referring nothing about meteorite in this late picture, if you read my post you can see what's referes I this rock than I find around a big boulder 

Just now, Miguel Váquez said:

I don't referring nothing about meteorite in this late picture, if you read my post you can see what's refered I this rock than I find around a big boulder 

This is the boulder and the rock than you comment is part of the material I recover.

IMG_20231010_085218922.jpg

17 hours ago, ClearLake said:

It's nothing about Caledonia to believe you have resson what you say, I have reaction in all this rock like is happen clear in any calcium carbonate and you information it's not what I requesting, like you say.

1 hour ago, Miguel Váquez said:

I don't referring nothing about meteorite in this late picture, if you read my post you can see what's referes I this rock than I find around a big boulder 

Sorry. It seems I've misunderstood you since you did write "remains of disaster meteorite" in your post. I'm afraid that your english is not very good and it's hard to understand what you are trying to say.

• I Agree 2

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/