Cincinnati Area Road Cut Locations?

Kyleontheweb

Anyone know any good Cincinnati area road cuts? I am going hunting all day tomorrow. I might hit Caesar Creek, Hueston Woods, and the Georgetown road cuts I have been reading about on SR 125 and US 68. Does anyone know of cuts on some other area roads that I might want to check out?

Thanks!

Kyle

I've taken one nice little Isotelus and several Flexicalamene at Caesar Creek years ago. Georgetown gave up a perfect Asteroidea starfish to a lady I know about 30 years ago. The Hwy 68 road cuts just south of the Ohio River near Maysville, KY, and the AA Hwy in KY are noteworthy exposures in the area hit by area clubs each year. Go after a good rain and have fun. I don't live there anymore so I don't know of newer exposures. Have a look at area construction sites as you encounter them.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

I've taken one nice little Isotelus and several Flexicalamene at Caesar Creek years ago. Georgetown gave up a perfect Asteroidea starfish to a lady I know about 30 years ago. The Hwy 68 road cuts just south of the Ohio River near Maysville, KY, and the AA Hwy in KY are noteworthy exposures in the area hit by area clubs each year. Go after a good rain and have fun. I don't live there anymore so I don't know of newer exposures. Have a look at area construction sites as you encounter them.

Daniel,

Thank you so much for this information. If I end up having time, I might check out the Maysville area cuts you mentioned too. I'll let you know what I find on my trip, and post pictures if I find anything good. I've never actually found a trilobite in my life, so finding one at all would be so great. I don't expect that I will necessarily, but I'm going to be looking for them.

Daniel,

Thank you so much for this information. If I end up having time, I might check out the Maysville area cuts you mentioned too. I'll let you know what I find on my trip, and post pictures if I find anything good. I've never actually found a trilobite in my life, so finding one at all would be so great. I don't expect that I will necessarily, but I'm going to be looking for them.

Well, I didn't end up making it to anywhere but the Caesar Creek area this time. I also checked a road cut that is just to the northeast of the spillway at Caesar Creek. I'm getting ready to make a post with pictures of what I found. I did find a few cool things, all in all not too bad a trip. I'm definitely going to go to some of these other areas soon too, I'm anxious to check them out.

Guest solius symbiosus

I've been wanting to hit Caesar Creek for years. Maybe I'll head there this weekend. If interested in giving it another go, PM me. I have been to an outcrop at the Brookville reservoir that produced some decent stuff. It is also fairly close to the Cincy area.

I've been wanting to hit Caesar Creek for years. Maybe I'll head there this weekend. If interested in giving it another go, PM me. I have been to an outcrop at the Brookville reservoir that produced some decent stuff. It is also fairly close to the Cincy area.

Cool, so you must not live too far from me? I'd like to go with you, I'm not sure if this weekend will work for me, but maybe sometime soon we could check out that or some other good places. I'll send you a pm.

I just posted what I found today, here is the link: Caesar Creek findings