New To Fossils But Seriously Hooked. Can You Tell Me What This Is Please.

musicman

• New Members

Good day all,

I went on my first expedition on saturday and found the following - There was more but these were probably the best.

I love the amber belemnite and the pyrite ammonite although the ammonite has been enlarged in photoshop.

I know what most of them are and you will probably think they are all boring but I think they are so ace.

What would you say the top left print is?

Thanks in advance.

Music

post-386-1208269139_thumb.jpg

Musicman -- do you know what age/formation that fossil is from? It looks like a conularia to me, but I'm not sure that would be consistent with the other fossils. Are they all from the same place? Any chance of a clearer photo?

-X

• New Members

Hello,

Yes they were all from the same place - On the east coast about 20 miles from Hull (UK)

I'll take a better picture tonight.

Thanks

Music

• Members

Are these from Danes dyke? I collected there a few decades ago. I think that whole area was Cretaceous and fossils from the chalk. The area is good for sponges.

No idea what the print is. It could be the imprint of two valves of a spread open bivalve. Not enough detail to know.

Good day all,

I went on my first expedition on saturday and found the following - There was more but these were probably the best.

I love the amber belemnite and the pyrite ammonite although the ammonite has been enlarged in photoshop.

I know what most of them are and you will probably think they are all boring but I think they are so ace.

Thanks in advance.

Music

hello you have a good meteorites and fosilles

good dey for you

plise can you spec me wat thes

post-371-1208287860_thumb.jpg

Good day all,

Thanks in advance.

Music

Dear Music,

From what I can tell the two oysters look like the Genus Gryphae . The two cigar shaped fossils on the top look like the internal shells of squid, called Belemnites. On the lower left there is what appears to be a crinoid stem and an internal mold of an indeterminate gastropod(snail). The coiled shell in the center is an ammonite although I don't know the species. The rest of the pieces look like pyrite nodules. Hope I'm right.