Bakersfield Fossil Shops

LeeCreek2thHntr

Dear Members,

Do any of you know if there are any fossil shops or dealers of Bakersfield material in the Bakersfield area?

Thanks

Adrian and Andy

Dear Members,

Do any of you know if there are any fossil shops or dealers of Bakersfield material in the Bakersfield area?

Thanks

Adrian and Andy

Not really any fossil shops there but you should visit the Buena Vista Museum first. If I am able to come down I should have a few Bakersfield Goodies for you.

FFK

If only my teeth are so prized a million years from now!

Not really any fossil shops there but you should visit the Buena Vista Museum first. If I am able to come down I should have a few Bakersfield Goodies for you.

FFK

Cool! :D Thanks FFK!

Dear Members,

Thanks

Adrian and Andy

Adrian and Andy,

In the late 80's there was at least one rock shop/natural history gift shop in Bakersfield. I think it was called Earthworks but it didn't come up when I googled it. That was the first place I called when I was thinking about going to Bakersfield for the first time. Of course, back then, I had to go to the library to look through a Bakersfield phone book.

The museum has a few fossils for sale in its gift shop (makos in matrix as I recall) and there was a bead store either next door or a couple of doors down from the museum that had some fossils as well. Your best bet is probably talking directly to fellow member FossilsForKids.

Adrian and Andy,

In the late 80's there was at least one rock shop/natural history gift shop in Bakersfield. I think it was called Earthworks but it didn't come up when I googled it. That was the first place I called when I was thinking about going to Bakersfield for the first time. Of course, back then, I had to go to the library to look through a Bakersfield phone book.

The museum has a few fossils for sale in its gift shop (makos in matrix as I recall) and there was a bead store either next door or a couple of doors down from the museum that had some fossils as well. Your best bet is probably talking directly to fellow member FossilsForKids.

Thanks siteseer