What is this?

rockyrock1010

• New Members

I was looking through my collection today, and I found this rock of milky quartz, and it looks strange. it has a few small openings on the crack that was made, and it reminds me of some other rocks in my collection, I can't exactly find a name for them or any clarity on what it is. also it looks shiny, similar to a gemstone. to avoid the previous problem with my other post (sorry about that one) I tweaked the settings on my camera and the lighting and they look fine, but if I come across any other problems again I will try to fix them. Also, I ran in with one of my brothers and I asked him if he could give me any suggestions, and he said it kind of looks like shocked quartz. and he showed me a few images of it (I will also include one in the photos), and any information helps, thank you.

P.S. The images of my rock are the ones with a white paper background, the ones I found of proof do not.

IMG_20240114_162030.jpg

IMG_20240114_162034.jpg

s-l400.jpg

• New Members
1 minute ago, rockyrock1010 said:

I was looking through my collection today, and I found this rock of milky quartz, and it looks strange. it has a few small openings on the crack that was made, and it reminds me of some other rocks in my collection, I can't exactly find a name for them or any clarity on what it is. also it looks shiny, similar to a gemstone. to avoid the previous problem with my other post (sorry about that one) I tweaked the settings on my camera and the lighting and they look fine, but if I come across any other problems again I will try to fix them. Also, I ran in with one of my brothers and I asked him if he could give me any suggestions, and he said it kind of looks like shocked quartz. and he showed me a few images of it (I will also include one in the photos), and any information helps, thank you.

P.S. Theil_fullxfull.3779992981_k7p6.avif images of my rock are the ones with a white paper background, the ones I found of proof do not.

IMG_20240114_162030.jpg

IMG_20240114_162034.jpg

s-l400.jpg

I do not know why the second image didn't show up, but its another reference image, its two rocks next to a penny for size reference, but its not my image.

I do not see it, but using a ruler or tape measure will be much better as most of the world does not use US pennies. ;)

Not seeing a fossil here. Did you mean to post this in Fossil ID or Rocks & Minerals?

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

• New Members
4 hours ago, Kane said:

I do not see it, but using a ruler or tape measure will be much better as most of the world does not use US pennies. ;)

Not seeing a fossil here. Did you mean to post this in Fossil ID or Rocks & Minerals?

Now looking back on it it looks more like rugosan coral, I must've not been thinking straight at the time. But it may be with the camera quality, which I do mind is still garbage if i do say so myself. i could attach some images for context, but it may be hard to see.

Perhaps if you have a friend or relative with a smartphone or tablet, you might ask them if they might help you out by snapping a few photos and sending them to you via email. That might be a temporary fix until a new camera is in hand.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer