Supposedly Spinosaur bones from Morocco

Fossilcollector88

Kem kem bones, supposedly Spinosaur

Hello all, i recently got two bones that come from Morrocco, kem kem formation, suposedly belonging to a Spinosaur. They seem quite peculiar and could actually come from anything. Attached are some photo’s, does anyone have an idea what it could be?

IMG_4515.jpeg

IMG_4511.jpeg

IMG_4512.jpeg

IMG_4510.jpeg

IMG_4513.jpeg

IMG_4514.jpeg

IMG_4516.jpeg

IMG_4504.jpeg

IMG_4507.jpeg

IMG_4505.jpeg

IMG_4508.jpeg

IMG_4506.jpeg

IMG_4509.jpeg

I suspect pelvis bone fragments, based on: https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Azhdarchidae-indet-UALVP-56200-detail-of-preacetabular-process-in-lateral-view-A_fig4_318377958

but the first one also looks like a claw, although its round and flat so not a spinosaur. 

im stuck now, anyone has an idea what these could be?

• New Members

Both of them seem to be zygapophyses. The first likely from a cervical vertebra, since it have a sizeable epipophysis. I can't confirm whether they belong to Spinosaurus or another theropod however. 

1 hour ago, Prothereus said:

Both of them seem to be zygapophyses. The first likely from a cervical vertebra, since it have a sizeable epipophysis. I can't confirm whether they belong to Spinosaurus or another theropod however. 

thanks!! Found something similar using your suggestions, looks just like it. https://svpow.com/category/tutorial/page/2/

First one looks like the one for Camarasaurus in that link. 2nd bone is probably also from a vert.

thanks again!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Prothereus said:

First one looks like the one for Camarasaurus in that link. Found that Rebbachisaurus has something similar, matches the location beter.

2nd bone is probably also from a vert like you said. anyone has an idea from what animal it could have belonged to?

Edited by Fossilcollector88
Error
  • Thank You 1