How rare are real plesiosaurus jaws on the market ?

Brevicollis

That choice is entirely up to you.

• I Agree 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kane said:

That choice is entirely up to you.

But ive never an other Dyrosaurus jaw, that i could compared to It. So, i dont really known If its a good one, or not.

Edited by Brevicolis

My account and something about me :   

My still growing collection :

My paleoart :

I'm just a young guy who really loves fossils  YOUTH MEMBER2.jpg

You asked if it should be in your collection. A person's collection is a personal choice and does not require validation from anyone else.

• I Agree 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

47 minutes ago, Kane said:

You asked if it should be in your collection. A person's collection is a personal choice and does not require validation from anyone else.

That's the answer I'd have given as well. What pieces make their way into your collection very much depends on what chances you have of acquiring pieces, your budget, academic interest (if any), aesthetic interest (if any), etc. Are there better dyrosaurid jaws out there? Sure! Are they accessible to you, will they cross your path, will you be able to afford them? I have no idea. Will you like them when they do cross your path? I likewise cannot predict. What matters above all is whether you like the opportunity that's currently crossing your path - do you like this piece, and can you afford it? Then go for it. You can always sell it on and upgrade later :)

• I found this Informative 2

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

@North, sorry for not posting the root picture in time, but ive got some really bad food poisoning, and i dont really have the energy and time to do it. But when im feeling better again, i'll post them, If its still necessary.

My account and something about me :   

My still growing collection :

My paleoart :

I'm just a young guy who really loves fossils  YOUTH MEMBER2.jpg

3 hours ago, Brevicolis said:

@North, sorry for not posting the root picture in time, but ive got some really bad food poisoning, and i dont really have the energy and time to do it. But when im feeling better again, i'll post them, If its still necessary.

Its allright. I believe its not necessary, I was just curious what was meant with thick roots.

Hopefully you feel better soon.

• Thank You 1

There's no such thing as too many teeth.

That’s a beautiful specimen. Glad to hear you got it!

“Deep words go here”- Me, 3/9/24                                                                                                                                                     YOUTHMEMBER2.jpg.69daf4f514282504b65cf9aa9208e90c.jpg

On 4/3/2024 at 6:50 PM, Brevicolis said:

So sorry to hear that. Hope you get better soon!

• Thank You 1

“Deep words go here”- Me, 3/9/24                                                                                                                                                     YOUTHMEMBER2.jpg.69daf4f514282504b65cf9aa9208e90c.jpg