Guides

7grandsons

• New Members

Morning!! I am a new member. I did my fossil hunting back in the 80's during the Leisey Shell Pit - Aurora Mine era. Now my 13 year old grandson wants to experience fossil hunting. He is here in Gainesville with me right now and I was wondering if there is anyone in the G'vle area that would be available to act as a guide for us. Please let us know. Thanks!!!

• New Members

Well tried out fossil hunting in the creeks here in G'vle. Stopped by Three Lakes Creek and decided we weren't ready to take that one on. So we drove over to 18th Terrace and Rattlesnake Creek. Loved it!!! Only found bits and pieces of stuff. I have been a "surface" hunter in the past and think it will take me a while to adjust to looking in the creek beds.

Also even though my brain thinks I am still 20 my 61 year old body and eyes says NO WAY!!! I'm not as agile and nimble as I used to be.

My grandson had a great time. He had to adjust to the lack of "instant gratification"! It was interesting watching him have to search for what he wanted. We did a lot of "what do you think this is"!! He lasted about an hour and then was done. He does want to try it again so will see how that goes.

Wanted to say THANKS to all of you who have posted - ideas, suggestions, locations etc.... We really enjoyed our day.