Dekkar Formation questions

jikohr

Hi everyone!

After a recent post on the fossil ID section I was inspired to create a thread dedicated to asking questions on something that seems to have popped up very recently and I'm having trouble finding good info on, the "Dekkar Formation".

So far almost everything I've seen on it is from listings selling fossils from this formation, which I of course take with a grain of salt. What is typically claimed or at least strongly hinted at is:

The Dekkar Formation being a middle Cretaceous dinosaur fossil bearing formation from Morocco containing fossils usually associated with the also middle Cretaceous dinosaur fossil bearing formation in Morocco, the Kem Kem Beds (Spino, Carch, Abelisaur, Pterosaur, etc.).

Dekkar Formation fossils are not only rarer than Kem Kem Bed fossils, but have a distinctive darker color (a situation that kind of reminds me of Bone Valley and Peace River in Florida).

My questions are;

Is the Dekkar Formation a recognized geologic formation, or is this another "Tegana Formation" situation?

Are the above statments true as far as the estimated time period, documented species within this formation, and distinctive color?

How reliable is that distinctive color in differentiating Dekkar and Kem Kem material? Or is that color found in the Kem Kem as well on occasion?

Any insight is appreciated as always!

Im not sure am I answering your questions, but as far I have understood.

When area was first found, it was uncertain what fauna was found from it.

Later it was realised that fauna is similar to Kemkem beds.

Kemkem is around in middle of Marocco and Dekkar bit more to the east. How large area exactly Im not sure. Can you consider it to be continuetion of the group  or separate one? I can't really say.

Dekkar fossils tend to be dark brown to black in color. Kemkem material can be quite dark brown, but mostly in different tone.

Perhaps someone has something to add or correct.

There's no such thing as too many teeth.