Favorite Places To Buy Fossils

Vankor

Hey, I'm new to the site, made my profile a little while ago and now I'm going to start browsing around a bit more.

Just curious where you folks buy most of your fossils from. My collecting started about a year ago, and most of what I have is from the Black Hills Institute. I'm off to go post in the new members section now!

I believe this topic has been done before, so a search may turn up more information.

I like buying over the internet from Extinctions. Go to their "fossils for sale" page to see the variety of specimens offered.

Of course you know that Black Hills is a good dealer to buy from. I bought from them at the Denver and Tucson shows.

Hey, I'm new to the site, made my profile a little while ago and now I'm going to start browsing around a bit more.

Just curious where you folks buy most of your fossils from. My collecting started about a year ago, and most of what I have is from the Black Hills Institute. I'm off to go post in the new members section now!

a new site that has a variety of things is www.fossilshack.com it is quite new, i beleive they are still adding most of the merchandise.

Brock

I buy from various sites, but just as important is that I DON'T buy from Morrocco, just too many fakes and altered fossils :angry:

B) Don't usually buy fossils, when I do it's from paleo enterprises.They are honest,cheap, and fast.Also check the fossols he has at local shows just in case. :D

Bear-dog.

I tend to buy mostly at shows (Tucson, Denver, sometimes the Tampa show). Tucson is the best because of the variety. The Natural Canvas is a good online dealer with a wide variety of fossils from trilobites to dinosaurs to plants and the best fossil catalogue (print-out) I've ever seen (tons of photos). The owner knows a lot about weird stuff too like rare dinosaurs and soft-bodied animals.

Perhaps if you were more specific as to your fossil interests, e.g.; ammonites, dinosaur, shark, trilobites, etc., forum members could help direct you to the better sites where such material is available.

Welcome to The Fossil Forum - an incredible wealth of information lies within!!

I tend to buy less fossils in these trouble times.. I prefer save money to travel.

In the past years I bough fossils mostly at shows like Denver, Macomb, Sainte Marie aux Mine and Munich in Germany. I also like to make some offers at Aurora Fossil Auction :)

Erosion... will be my epitaph!

http://www.paleonature.org/

https://fossilnews.org/

Right now my main interests are dinosaurs (and any mesozoic water reptiles), shark teeth, fish, and trilobites. Anything that's miscellaneous and interesting I'll pick up, found a Castoroides tooth that's an interesting conversation piece. I've browsed around Extinctions quite a bit, tons to see there.

For shark teeth and other miocene to pleistocene fossils, i'd recommend our very own Megateeth.com. I've met him at the Venice shark tooth festival and he seems like a very nice guy.I havent personally purchased any fossils ever, but If I was going to buy a tooth, I'd go here first.

For shark teeth and other miocene to pleistocene fossils, i'd recommend our very own Megateeth.com. I've met him at the Venice shark tooth festival and he seems like a very nice guy.I havent personally purchased any fossils ever, but If I was going to buy a tooth, I'd go here first.

Bill at Megateeth.com is a buying experience that CANNOT be matched period.... I have bought more teeth from him than anybody else.