Howdy all,

This here is a section of theropod bone from Uzbekistan. The seller has labeled it as Timurlengia euotica and I'm curious if that's accurate of if it's from another theropod.

Size: 5.6 cm

s-l1600 (67).jpg

s-l1600 (74).jpg

s-l1600 (75).jpg

s-l1600 (86).jpg

s-l1600 (87).jpg

s-l1600 (88).jpg

s-l1600 (89).jpg

s-l1600 (90).jpg

s-l1600 (91).jpg

s-l1600 (92).jpg

I'm by no means an expert on dinosaur bones, but in my opinion I wouldn't touch anything like this unless I had absolutely certain information about the exact provenance of this find in order to research the identity. Do you have this information?

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Posted (edited)

Saw this bone too, here is the location according to the description : Uzbekistan, Dzarakuduk, Kyzylkum desert. Im not an expert, but I think, that this will fall to inderterminate bone fragment.

Edited by Brevicollis
  • I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

Are good signatures really that important ?

Indet. bone chunk imho.

There are a lot of species from this site still undescribed, so there's a lot of what's not known yet...

And don't forget: the desert is big and a lot of layers from different age are there. With such undiagnostic chunk and no closer infos about the exact place where it was found, there's not a lot what can be said more...

Sues, Hans-Dieter & Averianov, Alexander. (2004). Dinosaurs from the Upper Cretaceous (Turonian) of Dzharakuduk, Kyzylkum Desert, Uzbekistan. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology. 24. 119A-120A.

• I found this Informative 1