How Do I Get Good Maps?

Megalodon Man

Does anyone know where I can obtain detailed topographic maps or maps for the drainage aea of Black Creek in MIddleburg, Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know where I can obtain detailed topographic maps or maps for the drainage aea of Black Creek in MIddleburg, Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Just go to Goggle and type in "topo maps". You will see any number of sites that sell USGS topographic maps. They can be purchased from gov't agencies as well as private companies. These site usually provide an index of the state of interest so that you can select the map that covers your specific area of interest. Also, look under "maps" in your local phone book and you may be able to find topo maps in your local area. Generally the 7.5 minute (scale) will provide the degree of detail necessary for finding your way around your area of interest. Also, state gazetteers can provide good information. Such INTERNET sites as "topo zone" used to provide free access to USGS topo maps. However, I believe this is now a fee site but I believe you can still find free access from other INTERNET sites.