Which stablizers/consolidants should I use on white river tortoise.

trilobites_are_awesome

I'm asking which types of stabilizers people use for white river tortoises?

Thanks!

James

Cheers!

James

• Thank You 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I’d like to see a picture before I recomend anything…

I use paraloid for a lot of my stabilizing but if the piece is heavily fractured etc then I use different ways of using it… if fractured then I’ll use thin super glue into the cracks and only surface apply the paraloid. Either heavily or lightly brush on or only dip the outside becuase the acetone can dissolve super glue.

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, Randyw said:

I’d like to see a picture before I recomend anything…

I use paraloid for a lot of my stabilizing but if the piece is heavily fractured etc then I use different ways of using it… if fractured then I’ll use thin super glue into the cracks and only surface apply the paraloid. Either heavily or lightly brush on or only dip the outside becuase the acetone can dissolve super glue.

Thank you! I will post a picture later!

Cheers!

James

I agree with Randy, CA or Butvar (or paraloid) depending on the initial state of the fossil.

Professional fossil preparation services at Red Dirt Fossils, LLC.  https://reddirtfossils.com/

I agree... a picture is worth a thousand words.  

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Which stablizers/consolidants should I use on white river tortoise.