Ammonite repair and cut help

Signor Nicole

• New Members

Good day.

My name is Nicole and am looking for help to find a place in the world who fixes and/or cuts Ammonites in 2 halves.

The thing is, I bought my husband, who is a natural science teacher, a beautiful Ammonite Fossil.

Only at home I realised someone must have dropped it, because it has a crack on its shell.

I don't want to take it back to the shop because apart from the small crack it's beautiful.

I would also love to cut it in 2 halves to see the chambers inside.

Is there please a place in the world where I can mail the Ammonite, and they can somehow fix and cut it in halves?

I am based in Europe but will accept whatever is available.

Thanks a ton

Nicole

P_20240619_131417.jpg

P_20240619_131432.jpg

thats a really beautyful one.

To cut it into two halfes seems to be a good idea, looks like that you will get two great halfes!

You need one with a thin blade to cut it and a little bit experience. Where are you based?

• New Members

Italy but like I said I will accept to mail it to Burkina Faso or Papua New Guinea if necessary. Just saying.

Cianoacrylate, thin stuff, has great wicking powers and would do a good job of taking care of that crack and also make the spot where it hit kinda disappear.  Just an idea

RB

• New Members
Posted (edited)

In case I wasn't clear (and sorry if I wasn't)I have zero experience in cutting fossils and I would probably end up harming myself trying to do so, and make a mess. So I need a proper person who does this.

The crack on the shell maybe I could try the Cianoacrylate like RJB (thanks)said, but it's probably an even better idea if someone else takes care of this too.

I am based in Europe (Italy).

Edited by Signor Nicole

• Fossildude19 locked this topic

As a Rule, we do not recommend services or retailers.  :(

Please send the OP a PM if you can assist.

TOPIC LOCKED.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me