What Species of redlichia?

syl1219s

Hi!,
I would like to classify the species of Redlichia.

From  Kaili Formation,  Guizhou, China.

If you have any information, I would appreciate it if you could let me know!

image.thumb.jpeg.ad0fe143bbc11ef331caa798096d5eac.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9d50039d9b287460a1d1c82ff7d0114c.jpegcheekimage.thumb.jpeg.cf7b04dba97ca64f37a38365cf1678a5.jpeg

There are 3 described species and an undescribed species from the Kaili Formation.

They have had an assortment of subspecies name combinations, however, according to the most recent literature, these are the recognized taxa:

Redlichia longispina
Redlichia taijiangensis
Redlichia takooensis
Redlichia
sp.

Redlichia longispina can be eliminated because it has an obvious long axial spine emanating from the 4th thoracic axial segment. The original descriptions differentiate the species by measurement of the angle between the anterior branch of the facial suture and the central axis. Without the necessary conditions and precise measurements, we can not perform that task with any degree of certainty.

As a result, I would label these conservatively: Redlichia sp.

Guo, Q., Zhao, Y. 1998
The Redlichia of Kaili Formation in the Southeast Region of Guizhou.
Journal of Guizhou University of Technology, 27(1):51-55

Guo, Q., Zhao, Y., Yuan, J. 1999
The Restudy of Redlichia from the Lower Part of the Kaili Formation in Kaili Area, Guizhou Province.
Acta Palaeontologica Sinica, 38(supplement):157-164

Yuan, J.L., Zhao, Y.L., Li, Y., Huang, Y.Z. 2002
Trilobite Fauna of the Kaili Formation (Uppermost Lower Cambrian-Lower Middle Cambrian) from Southeastern Guizhou, South China.
National Science Foundation of China. Shanghai Science and Technology Publishing House, 422 pp.

• I found this Informative 1

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

18 hours ago, piranha said:

There are 3 described species and an undescribed species from the Kaili Formation.

They have had an assortment of subspecies name combinations, however, according to the most recent literature, these are the recognized taxa:

Redlichia longispina
Redlichia taijiangensis
Redlichia takooensis
Redlichia
sp.

Redlichia longispina can be eliminated because it has an obvious long axial spine emanating from the 4th thoracic axial segment. The original descriptions differentiate the species by measurement of the angle between the anterior branch of the facial suture and the central axis. Without the necessary conditions and precise measurements, we can not perform that task with any degree of certainty.

As a result, I would label these conservatively: Redlichia sp.

Guo, Q., Zhao, Y. 1998
The Redlichia of Kaili Formation in the Southeast Region of Guizhou.
Journal of Guizhou University of Technology, 27(1):51-55

Guo, Q., Zhao, Y., Yuan, J. 1999
The Restudy of Redlichia from the Lower Part of the Kaili Formation in Kaili Area, Guizhou Province.
Acta Palaeontologica Sinica, 38(supplement):157-164

Yuan, J.L., Zhao, Y.L., Li, Y., Huang, Y.Z. 2002
Trilobite Fauna of the Kaili Formation (Uppermost Lower Cambrian-Lower Middle Cambrian) from Southeastern Guizhou, South China.
National Science Foundation of China. Shanghai Science and Technology Publishing House, 422 pp.

Thank you!