Denis Arcand

Last week, I decided it was time to make some changes. The small display table I was using was no longer satisfactory, so I decided to use shelves that had been collecting dust for decades. These glass shelves held a collection of books I hadn't opened in 20 years and an old Bang & Olufsen sound system that stopped working 25 years ago.

I selected a variety of fossils and took them out of their boxes to give them a proper home. After emptying the shelves, I carefully organized my collection. To make the display neater, I purchased some inexpensive book and plate holders from the dollar store.

Now, my shelves proudly display my collection of Ordovician fossils. Although my collection is modest compared to those of other forum members and lacks scientific interest or significant monetary value, it brings me immense joy, mostly because i found them interesting. With the clear glass stands, it looks like a museum exhibit. I'm feeling pretty proud of my organized and lovely new setup.

Now I just pray there won't be an earthquake! :)

image.thumb.gif.d90448b75b2eda7b2fd75c904e4006cc.gif

TFF_DSC06027.JPG

TFF_DSC06021.JPG

TFF_DSC05837.JPG

TFF_DSC06013.JPG

TFF_DSC06024.JPG

TFF_DSC06026.JPG

Edited by Denis Arcand
  • Enjoyed 6

One fossil a day will keep you happy all day:rolleyes:

Welcome to the FOSSIL ART

@Yoda

@Pagurus

Thank you for your nice comments. I want to mention that I am not entirely certain of my fossil identifications. As a temporary labeling solution, I used AVERY address labels to identify each fossil. I chose different colors for each phylum: red for Arthropods, yellow for Bryozoa, light green for Molluscs, blue for Brachiopods, light gray for Echinoderms, etc.

One fossil a day will keep you happy all day:rolleyes:

Welcome to the FOSSIL ART