Which Spinosaurus tooth is better to acquire?

Lizh Nguyen

• New Members

Hi guys,
May I ask for your help reviewing and evaluating the quality of these two Spinosaurus tooth specimens?
They are around 2.5" and 2.9". Are they legit and have they been over-modified/restored?
And in your personal choice, which model is better to add to the collection?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!

spinosaur.jpg

Tip on the left tooth looks like if it was glued back twice, and the root on the right tooth appears like if it was once broken off and split, and needed to be glued together and back.

So, both are glued, but im pretty sure that they are completly original, no fakes, no Frankensteins, so they're good to go.

In the end its completly your choice, buy which tooth you like the most :)

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

Silgimassasaurus brevicollis 

• New Members
4 minutes ago, Brevicollis said:

Tip on the left tooth looks like if it was glued back twice, and the root on the right tooth appears like if it was once broken off and split, and needed to be glued together and back.

So, both are glued, but im pretty sure that they are completly original, no fakes, no Frankensteins, so they're good to go.

In the end its completly your choice, buy which tooth you like the most :)

Thank you so much for the quick respond!!!

• Thank You 1

They are both real and have no alternations. 

Both have cracks that are glued. The left (red) tooth is perhaps more desired due to the red-blood color. 

However keep in mind Spinosaurid teeth are very common, lots of them around, and also lots of them much bigger and beter preserved. 

So if you are not in a hurry, I would advice to keep searching for a beter example.