Need help identifying possible Colorado fossils

MzAvalon

• New Members

I’m new here, so please guide me if this is inappropriate..but we found a strange material and can’t identify it..it seems almost like it was turning into agate, which makes me think it’s fossilized. The parts in the ground are smoothing and rounded/cylindrical, and the exposed parts are the angular pieces.  One was completely flat and smooth on the bottom.  Does it look like fossils or possible coprolites to anyone? ( A geologist

friend says they wouldn’t be in this area).There is peacock ore on some of the pieces.  They were all lined up in a row about 15’ apart. We are about 9500’ in Cripple Creek, Colorado.

IMG_2477.jpeg

16BF2BAD-291F-4EAD-A674-EEC3A6E88069.jpeg

IMG_2481.jpeg

IMG_2495.jpeg

IMG_2504.jpeg

IMG_2538.jpeg

IMG_2531.jpeg

IMG_2523.png

IMG_2516.jpeg

Inoceramid bivalve steinkern?

My research has shown me that Cripple Creek sits atop an outcrop of volcanic breccia and other magmatic intrusive rocks which are surrounded by precambrian granitoids, so I don't think you'll be finding any fossils there. I'm not seeing any here at any rate. By the way, agate has nothing to do directly with the building of fossils, but is pure mineral substance, although some fossils can become agatized after the fact.

• I found this Informative 2

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/