A good hunt for trilobites!

Newbie_1971

So I headed out today in hopes to find a few more trilobites. I pulled up to the area and there were no vehicles.  Which surprised me to he honest. I hopped out and started looking, and in a matter of minutes I found the first find of the day! Soon after a car pulled up and it was a person from Wisconsin,  after a few minutes talking we were both off to look. A few minutes later another one was found. A bit later I found a piece of isotelus and started my search up, and I  found another one! I spent some time and came up with pieces but nothing substantial (and actually lost the first piece I had found). I moved on and found more flexis as well as another isotelus piece. Then it happened, I found an awesome HUGE flexicalymene! Anyhow, here are a few photos! Does anyone know what the item is to the right in the first photo (the bottom photo as well).

20240706_102509.jpg

20240706_120709.jpg

20240706_152105.jpg

20240706_152539.jpg

20240706_152533.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

That's awesome! I was looking at the roadcut in St. Leon today after the rains hoping for a trilobite but only found fragments. Found some cool horn corals though!

• Thank You 1

Did you happen to run into a guy today?

23 minutes ago, Newbie_1971 said:

Did you happen to run into a guy today?

Haha I ran into the guy from Wisconsin. Me and my girlfriend were there, and there were two other people on the opposite side from us. We were there around noon. 

• Enjoyed 1

I got ya. I  was going to come over, but looked like you were doing well ... I  thought. Dang man, I  wish I  would have known you weren't doing well. Maybe we will run into one another.

Hahaha, look at this!

20240706_191801.jpg

That's an awesome find, I definitely found some cool stuff, just nothing on the trilobite front. Beautiful day nonetheless! 

• Enjoyed 1

Get ahold of me man, I  can help you out I am pretty sure! I wondered why you guys were toting around a 5 gallon bucket! But to each their own! I  swear I  figured you guys were on them when I left..... I  really did.

26 minutes ago, Newbie_1971 said:

Get ahold of me man, I  can help you out I am pretty sure! I wondered why you guys were toting around a 5 gallon bucket! But to each their own! I  swear I  figured you guys were on them when I left..... I  really did.

Absolutely! I was going to go for some hash plates, hence the bucket, but quickly got distracted at the prospect of possibly finding a trilo! We were searching in the gray clay, but just didn't pan out. 

• Enjoyed 1

Seriously,  it is all about how much time you want to spend on it. I  swear I  thought you were doing well. The reason I didn't stop over to talk to you.  You have NEVER found a trilobite?

10 hours ago, Newbie_1971 said:

Seriously,  it is all about how much time you want to spend on it. I  swear I  thought you were doing well. The reason I didn't stop over to talk to you.  You have NEVER found a trilobite?

Not one! Bits and pieces, but nothing whole.

• Enjoyed 1

5 minutes ago, colebiederman said:

Not one! Bits and pieces, but nothing whole.

I'm sorry to hear that. If you still hadn't found one when you make it back out there, please contact me. We will try to solve that!