St. Leon Trilobite Luckout, But Plenty of Other Finds!

colebiederman

Hello all,

This is my first post like this, and hopefully will improve through time, so bear with me! This was a trip I made out to St. Leon, IN on SR-1. I have been here previously, but it was before I joined the forum, so I will only post what I found this time around. 

Among the finds I have, there was one, big for me, horn coral in pretty good condition. There were some other smaller horn corals as well. I also found an assortment of brachiopods, some of them obviously went through some trauma before being fossilized haha. One thing I found this time around that I did not found on my previous trips were crinoid stems and segments. The longest one was maybe 3 inches long.

I also found some gastropods I believe them to be in picture #7. Can anyone tell me what the top one is? I think it's some part of a crinoid but I'm not 100% sure. Also, does anyone has any idea what mineral is in #6? There was several fossils covered in it and I have no idea what it would be. Other than these finds, there were several hash plates that I forgot to take pictures of, including a good share of trilo-bits.

Overall it was a beautiful day outside and I look forward to making the trip again. 

IMG_8839.jpeg

IMG_8838.jpeg

IMG_8840.jpeg

IMG_8841.jpeg

IMG_8842.jpeg

IMG_8843.jpeg

IMG_8845.jpeg

IMG_8847.jpeg

IMG_8826.jpeg

• Enjoyed 5