Dolphin Tooth Peace River 7/19/2024

Shellseeker

Yesterday, a day of small shark teeth, and one "prize.

IMG_8198ce.thumb.jpg.19f7b2387dc17ef8d6979cf90b2d02e8.jpgIMG_8199ce.thumb.jpg.102ede3fad71765255e2fa85901983ee.jpgIMG_8201ce.thumb.jpg.4ce403ebdfc00a793e33155abb52fedc.jpgIMG_8194.thumb.JPG.eeeade920768bececfd904058fd29a3d.JPG

I have seen this only a couple of times before in the Peace River.  If anyone has a similar tooth, I think that would be my only chance of Identification.

Thanks Jack

• Enjoyed 5

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Jack,

I found this on the Peace about six years ago. Might be close. It’s in a mount at the moment but it measures one and a half inches tip to tip and a half inch across the widest part of root. Hope this helps.

Steve

IMG_1218.jpeg

Thnak you. It is CLOSE!! 

Your tooth seems to be a dolphin tooth versus any other mammal.  The tooth is a similar size, has rugose enamel and has an unusual and similar curvature. Plus found in the Peace River.

I am hopeful that some Tff members can state that a similar tooth occurs in the other Southeastern States or Not…

I am on vacation so my focus is divided. But ill check in with the hope of seeing other photos of dolphin teeth

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"