I need help!

Serbin

• New Members

Hello guys, i am from Serbia, city Apatin.

I was never in fossil hunting but i want to try out! I want to ask is it even possible to find fossils in my place?

I have rocky areas next to Danube, canals with allot of mud in ground, but I'm not sure if there is fossils.

I have allot of sandy areas, but most are rocky!  

And of course, if I went finding what should i look for?

Beacuse I saw on internet every place is different, somewhere are round rocks somewhere it is in stones... What are should I look for fossils?

Here are some photos of it! Thanks!

image.thumb.png.8ed323cd97ef83eccc830301d4ec2413.pngimage.png.158aeb988157a9b2d2634acd40d675eb.pngimage.png.3f63010e2bc89a4e02daffd295e25c3d.png

• New Members

And i tried to look for maps, but i didn't find them anywhere. I didn't hear that anyone was every looking for fossils in my place!

Shows on my end. You can always reach out to the point of contact for that map:

University of Belgrade, Faculty of Mining and Geology

Ранка Станковић

Djusina 7, Belgrade, Serbia

Role: point of contact

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

• New Members
4 minutes ago, Kane said:

Shows on my end. You can always reach out to the point of contact for that map:

University of Belgrade, Faculty of Mining and Geology

Ранка Станковић

Djusina 7, Belgrade, Serbia

Role: point of contact

This is the map on the link u sended me, i already founded it. I think they never did research on fossils on my place, Or there aren't none fossils. Man i am trying to find anything in my place for few hours, do u really think i didnt type everything possible :D 

image.thumb.png.ae5e58079420585719120091ed31ded3.png    

• New Members
2 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

This geological map shows that your area's bedrock is made up of crystalline schists, which means the chances of finding any fossils there are next to null.

Are u sure man :(

Here is the rocks on my part of danube, if thats it i will be verry sad haha

7 hours ago, Serbin said:

Are u sure man :(

I just know what I can read on a map. And a video of a fishing rod with a bunch of stones in the background doesn't tell me much. Can't see any fossils there anyway. It happens quite often that stones that were quarried elsewhere are dumped on the shores of rivers like the Danube in order to control erosion, but you'd have to find that out yourself to be sure.  I'm afraid you'll have to do your research for yourself. I can't advise you any more than this since I've never been in your part of the world other than to agree with Kane's suggestion that you contact the University of Belgrade to get the information you are seeking. I was just trying to help.

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/