Is anyone searching for Spinosaurus aegyticus im Egypt ?

Brevicollis

I have a question. As I've heard the from the wildest moroccan Spinosaurus or Spinosaurid fossils that come to the light daily there.

I have never heard about any other Spinosaurus fossils from the egyptian bahariya oasis where the original holotype was found, except the holotype itself, found in 1911 by Ernst Stromer von Reichenbach, and sadly beeing destroyed during an airstrike on April 24, 1944.

So my question is : is anyone still searching for the real Spinosaurus aegyticus itself, where the holotype was found ? Or why had'nt I heard of any other Spinosaurus fossils discovered there ?

Also, I've also never heard of anything new about Bahariasaurus ingens too. 

Why ?

Is nobody searching there anymore for them, was the site forgotten, bad luck, or something with the law ?

It would be really interesting to know, why.

Or maybe I've missed something that would answer my question, as I might live under a rock :rolleyes:

Thanks for any replies !

My account and something about me :   

My still growing collection :

My paleoart :

I'm just a young guy who really loves fossils  YOUTH MEMBER2.jpg

My guess is that it's not worth the effort or funds.

Morocco and Niger have a big advantage in that there's already a large number of diggers in those regions. They essentially have the equivalent of a large dig team and unparalleled in terms of numbers.

Spinosaurid material is simply far too accessible and common from those two countries to really spend money on what is similar (though not the same) from Egypt. The Moroccan spinosaurid probably gives a sense of, "close enough" or "good enough". With the lack of people, there's no guarantee an expedition in Egypt will even yield good results, so might as well spend those funds in Morocco or Niger where you are guaranteed to come back with something.

For Bahariasaurus, there really isn't much or anything to talk about.

Bahariasaurus ingens, much like Spinosaurus aegyptiacus and Carcharodontosaurus saharicus were blown up in World War 2. However, unlike the latter two, we have yet to find a Moroccan replacement, a "good enough" animal that we can call Bahariasaurus and call it a day. Some suspect Deltadromeus could be related, others would disagree and say they are not related at all. The supposed Bahariasaurus remains from Niger also appear to be dubious and may come from a different theropod. It's entirely possible there are no Bahariasaurus or any close relatives living in the Kem Kem or Echkar, so the genus may remain an enigma until an actual dig team goes to Egypt.

As much Im aware there is research team(s), but there has not been luck with Spinosaurus. But Abelisaurid vertebrae was found.

Scale might be much smaller since so much search is made in Morocco by default.

There's no such thing as too many teeth.