I got bored and made a speculative recipe containing dromaeosaurus as the main ingredient.

Parasaurolophus Walkeri

Recipe: Equisetum and Dromaeosaurus Stew

Ingredients:

•    1 lb Dromaeosaurus meat, cubed
    •    2 cups Equisetum (horsetail), chopped
    •    3 large carrots, sliced
    •    4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
    •    1 large onion, finely chopped
    •    4 cloves garlic, minced
    •    2 tbsp olive oil
    •    1 tsp salt
    •    1/2 tsp black pepper
    •    1 tsp dried thyme
    •    1 tsp dried rosemary
    •    1 bay leaf
    •    6 cups chicken or dinosaur broth (or any available broth)
    •    1 cup dry red wine (optional, for deglazing)
    •    2 tbsp all-purpose flour (for thickening)
    •    Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)

Instructions:

1.    Preparation:
    •    Start by preparing all your ingredients. Cube the Dromaeosaurus meat into 1-inch pieces.
    •    Chop the Equisetum into small, bite-sized pieces. Make sure to wash it thoroughly to remove any dirt or sand.
    •    Slice the carrots into rounds, and peel and dice the potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
    •    Finely chop the onion and mince the garlic.
    2.    Searing the Meat:
    •    Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
    •    Once the oil is hot and shimmering, add the Dromaeosaurus meat cubes in batches. Avoid overcrowding the pot to ensure even browning.
    •    Sear the meat on all sides until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. This step is crucial for developing rich flavors. Transfer the browned meat to a plate and set aside.
    3.    Sautéing the Aromatics:
    •    In the same pot, add a little more olive oil if needed. Reduce the heat to medium.
    •    Add the chopped onion and cook until it becomes translucent, about 5 minutes.
    •    Add the minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
    4.    Deglazing the Pot:
    •    If you’re using wine, pour in 1 cup of dry red wine to deglaze the pot. Scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon to release all the flavorful browned bits.
    •    Allow the wine to reduce by half, which should take about 3-4 minutes. If you’re not using wine, you can deglaze the pot with a bit of broth instead.
    5.    Building the Stew:
    •    Return the browned Dromaeosaurus meat to the pot.
    •    Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour over the meat and stir well to coat. This will help thicken the stew.
    •    Add the chopped Equisetum, carrot slices, and diced potatoes to the pot.
    6.    Seasoning and Simmering:
    •    Pour in 6 cups of broth, ensuring all ingredients are covered. If necessary, add more broth or water.
    •    Add the bay leaf, dried thyme, dried rosemary, salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
    •    Bring the stew to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and let it simmer gently for 1.5 to 2 hours, or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
    7.    Final Adjustments:
    •    After simmering, taste the stew and adjust seasoning if needed. Remove the bay leaf.
    •    If you prefer a thicker stew, you can mash some of the potatoes against the side of the pot and stir them back in.
    8.    Serving:
    •    Ladle the Equisetum and Dromaeosaurus stew into bowls.
    •    Garnish with freshly chopped parsley for a burst of color and added flavor.
    •    Serve the stew hot, preferably with crusty bread or a side of your choice.

I know that was lengthy, but i enjoyed making it. I made this guy a long time ago for fun and it just sat on my google drive for a long time and I decided to post it.

• Enjoyed 2

I wonder where you'll be when they open Jurassic park...

Nice, but I am looking for a good Vaccinites recipe. Or should I simply treat them like oysters ;) ?
Franz Bernhard

dromaeosaurus is friend, not food!

(tbf, dromaeosaurus probably wouldn’t say the same of us)

Recipe looks tasty tho. I’d throw in some hot peppers.

this reminds me of a painting i did a few years ago. Two delicious dinosaurs on a cutting board.

IMG_6434.thumb.jpeg.05a601aaf3da920eaae039098cb0cbc4.jpeg

Edited by TriVeratops
  • Enjoyed 2

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what ginko fruit jam would be like?

5 hours ago, mighty micraster said:

I wonder what ginko fruit jam would be like?

So so, but watch out for convulsions.

https://www.seriouseats.com/the-nasty-bits-gingko-nuts#:~:text=Light to jade green in,mirrors its stench of cheese.

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.