Is this a pearl fossil?

mehran

11 hours ago, Mahnmut said:

Is this the same specimen as in the first pics or another one?

One thing you should do is carefully put a drop of acid ( concentrated vinegar for example) on one of  your finds. If nothing happens, its neither limestone nor bivalve shell but probably chert or another form of silica after all.

If it fizzes, it contains carbonate and could be shell.

That said, I have never heard of a pearl forming around a stone of that size (without knowing the exact size).

I think the likelihood of finding several pearl- like structures and no other recognizable fragments of big shells is low.

Sorry I cannot tell you more.

Best regards,

J

Dear Mahnmut
Thank you for your guidance.
Yes, the new pictures are the same as the original piece.
I did the vinegar test both on the white piece and on the oyster fossils, and very small bubbles come out from them, and if we hold the piece close to the ear, it sounds like carbonated soft drink. 95% probability of this piece is a marine fossil.

12 hours ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

The layers would all be concentric if it was a pearl. There would not be any contorted layers. It is physically impossible in the formation of a pearl. The contortions are compatible with those found in the hinge area of a large bivalve.

Mark, thanks for your comment.
It seems so. Maybe I showed it to a lab to find out what kind of animal it was and how old it is.
Do you know an experiment that can be done at home? Like the acid or vinegar test.