Shark teeth? Shell? Rock? Alien material…

Luciano

I found these two… “things” along the south shore of topsail island. At first I thought they were just pebbles but as they dried off I saw what seemed to be a black/brown porice layer that I have seen below the enamel of some sharks teeth in my collection. I think the word would be Dentin ? I’m no expert. If they are teeth they would be one of the most water worn ones I have seen. What I also noticed was some gray smooth sections that seem similar to the enamel layer, especially on the smaller of the pair. 
If you have any idea of these are teeth or fossils of any kind I’d love to hear what you think. 

the larger one is around 1 inch tall and 1 inch wide. The smaller is close to 1 inch tall and a little less wide. (The smaller one should be the first group of photos) 

Sorry again about scale item for the non Americans. I’ll try and bring a ruler on the next trip. 

IMG_0328.jpeg

IMG_0329.jpeg

IMG_0331.jpeg

IMG_0342.jpeg

IMG_0346.jpeg

IMG_0337.jpeg

IMG_0340.jpeg

IMG_0341.jpeg

IMG_0348.jpeg

looks like bone, unrolled from sand on the beach. Not possible to say if it is petrified (if it is bone-material...)

Posted (edited)

Both of the pieces seem have a  bone sort of texture,  especially the second larger one. Note:They are very smooth.

Edited by Luciano

I'm getting a phosphate nodule vibe.

• I Agree 1

Fin Lover

image.png.e69a5608098eeb4cd7d1fc5feb4dad1e.png image.png.e6c66193c1b85b1b775526eb958f72df.png image.png.65903ff624a908a6c80f4d36d6ff8260.png image.png.e69a5608098eeb4cd7d1fc5feb4dad1e.png

image.png.7cefa5ccc279142681efa4b7984dc6cb.png

Hmm maybe. I can see that especially for the second one. Would you say the same for the smaller one ?

2 hours ago, Fin Lover said:

I'm getting a phosphate nodule vibe.