Fishes id?

Salvos

I think the origin is a bit vague to get a good identification...

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Pareidolia : here

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

@oilshale   @rocket

Cropped, rotated, and contrasted:

IMG_1861.jpeg.3ce0d5dd670459aab8b52300d8b7eed2.jpeg

25874b03-653a-49d2-8095-2379783533ec.jpeg.f193530e978eb37d129237e3e2f6516b.jpeg

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

The second fish seems to be a Myctophidae. So I would guess somewhere from Italy (maybe Fiume Marecchia: Lampanyctus, Ceratoscopelus, Vinciguerria???).

Not sure about the first fish. I don‘t think it is from France. Could be also Italy, Fiume Marecchia: maybe Sardina or Pomolobus?

Edited by oilshale
  • I found this Informative 1

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

• New Members
6 hours ago, oilshale said:

The second fish seems to be a Myctophidae. So I would guess somewhere from Italy (maybe Fiume Marecchia: Lampanyctus, Ceratoscopelus, Vinciguerria???).

Not sure about the first fish. I don‘t think it is from France. Could be also Italy, Fiume Marecchia: maybe Sardina or Pomolobus?

The biggest fish origin Calabria (Italy), the second France but I don’t know where exactly 

interesting fishes, not easy to say where they are from.

Remain me a bit to Auxides (snd one), first one, unsure

@Salvos: the matrix of both fishes, is it soft or hard? Is it sure that one should come from Italy and one from France or could it be e.g. Poland or middle germany?

I am very sure about Myctophidae for the second fish. They are easy to identify. I do not know of any sites in France where Myctophidae occur. Since you obviously don't know the exact location, you have traded or bought the fish. In such a case, unfortunately, you cannot rely on vague location information (such as „France“). They are often wrong.

• Enjoyed 1
  • I Agree 1

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

• New Members

The matrix is hard, the 2 fish were sold to me as French, the larger Italian one from Calabria, for the second I'm sure, for the exact location I think Cessaniti

• New Members
2 hours ago, oilshale said:

I am very sure about Myctophidae for the second fish. They are easy to identify. I do not know of any sites in France where Myctophidae occur. Since you obviously don't know the exact location, you have traded or bought the fish. In such a case, unfortunately, you cannot rely on vague location information (such as „France“). They are often wrong.

Probabily. The largest one, however, is sure to come from southern Italy 

• New Members
3 hours ago, rocket said:

interesting fishes, not easy to say where they are from.

Remain me a bit to Auxides (snd one), first one, unsure

@Salvos: the matrix of both fishes, is it soft or hard? Is it sure that one should come from Italy and one from France or could it be e.g. Poland or middle germany?

The large fish can it be a dapalis macrulus? But it should be found in France not southern Italy 

Edited by Salvos

1 minute ago, Salvos said:

The large fish can it be a dapalis macrulus?

Thanks for repond. No, Dapalis is not possible. Fish is different and the matrix, too

Hard matrix, this excludes a few of the classic sites I was thinking about with the fish

• I Agree 1