Mazon creek trip fossils

Dean L

I recently went on the trip to Braceville Illinois for mazon creek fossils. I have now opened the nodules I have collected. The only obvious fossils to me were a couple mazonomya clam fossils. However, I am new to mazon creek fossil collecting and there are some other potential fossils. I have posted images below of the potential fossils and any identification help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a good day!

IMG_1310.jpeg

IMG_1307.jpeg

IMG_1312.jpeg

IMG_1309.jpeg

IMG_1320.jpeg

IMG_1323.jpeg

IMG_1317.jpeg

IMG_1322.jpeg

IMG_1314.jpeg

IMG_1315.jpeg

• Enjoyed 1

Number six is a worm of some kind. Not focused well enough for species ID. Two or three others may be something identifiable, but we'll need much better lit and focused photos to tell what they are.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Thanks for the response. I will get some better pictures up soon. I have to go to work right now but I tried to take another pic of the one I found very interesting due to the weird edge detail. The structure has depth within the concretion too. I just took it quick. I will get better pictures of them in a few days cause I have a rough work schedule coming up. Thanks again!

I agree that #6 is a worm, I think I see a Didontogaster cordylina jaw. Second to last specimen is probably an Essexella - you can clean off the calcite with vinegar. 

The Tooth Fairy