Id?

georgiadiver

trying to post my first pic

I sure wish I could help you with your ID question, but I cannot fully open your very large image.

A portion of the image does open, but not the full image. Nor can I simply scroll left or right, up or down, to see the image -- the image is just too large for my 17-inch monitor.

When I make a SHQ or HQ image with my six megapixel camera, the resulting image is as large as 39 inches wide by 29 inches high. I have to reduce the image size with my editing software to even work with it conveniently.

You can produce excellent photos with the Standard Quality (SQ) setting on your camera. (See some of Worthy's or Mike Owens' recent posts.) If you are going to post images that are not edited, that is, images directly from your camera, SQ is the camera setting you should be using.

You may find some useful imaging suggestions in the MEDIA FOSSILS/Media Fossils/Photographing Fossils thread elsewhere on The Fossil Forum. Better images produce more reliable identifications.

I'd like to see your pix. I hope you can post some images that are accessible to everyone on the forum.

------Harry Pristis

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

• New Members

On my view of the forum I see a good picture that says it's reduced 91 percent on the top of the image. I can then click it to enlarge it. I uploaded the picture from Kodak easyshare software so I assumed it would correctly size it. I wonder if you are seeing something differenty than I am? Thanks for bearing with me................Andy

Opens for me. But I use a Mac and so feel I have a higher ranking in the scheme of things.

Do piggies leave tusks like that? One looks a lot like a boar tusk.

Jim

• New Members

There could easily be different types in the pic. In the center under the ruler Im pretty sure isnt rib. No sign of marrow on the ends. Ill post some additional pics of that one. Thanks. These were from the cooper river

The one on the upper right made me think antler too... But I know next to nothing about these things. :P I could only offer guesses based on elementary trivial knowledge, lol.

By the way, I had the same DARE ruler when I was a kid. xD