Is this Megalodon tooth real,and has it been repaired?

thats a nice one. As far as I can see serration looks fantastic and original (there are some guys on the market who do fantastic repairs and reconstructions, but it is possible to identify at the serration), root could perhaps have some repairs. But, all could be original at the root, hard to decide. Structure at the root goes different ways on some parts and there is a groove at one edge. Take a uv - lamp to check the surface of the blade, looks a bit different in color at some parts.

Edited by rocket
  • I Agree 1

• New Members
4 hours ago, rocket said:

thats a nice one. As far as I can see serration looks fantastic and original (there are some guys on the market who do fantastic repairs and reconstructions, but it is possible to identify at the serration), root could perhaps have some repairs. But, all could be original at the root, hard to decide. Structure at the root goes different ways on some parts and there is a groove at one edge. Take a uv - lamp to check the surface of the blade, looks a bit different in color at some parts.

I think the missing groove in the root is probably due to natural erosion.Besides that,the bourlette also seems to have some minor erosion,but the rest of the tooth is in great condition.