Muenster, Texas Monday

erose

I will be riding along with my wife on a business trip Monday. She is headed for Muenster, TX which is somewhere a bit W-NW of Denton. I'm looking for a site where she can drop me off at for several hours. It needs to be close (less than an hour) from Muenster. We will be driving up from Austin so probably along 35W or whatever road takes us west to Muenster. I was even considering Mineral Wells but haven't checked to see how much time that adds.

I've been too busy to consult my own maps so any suggestions are welcome.

I've always wondered if the Elm Fork of the Trinity had good Duck Creek exposures west of Gainesville? Generically speaking the Duck Creek formation would hold ammonites and maybe some shark teeth but it could just be muddy. http://www.twdb.state.tx.us/GwRD/GTA/GAT/sherman.htm

Thanks Tony. I'm just going to wing it. I know there are plenty of members in the FtW/Dallas area but didn't get any other help.

Mineral Wells is a good ways from Munster, but you could hit Post Oak Creek in Sherman.

Lyle

I thought about mentioning POC but really that is a 2 hour drive. Denton is about a 1 hour drive, I know one site there but it isn't worth an hour drive IMO.

I wish you luck. It will be so darn hot you may want to find a cool shady creek or river bottom somewhere!