Brevicollis

Hello,

I came across this mosasaur tooth, and it has something weird going on next to the prosterior carina. Is that an extra carina ?

The tooth in general reminds me of this Stelladens tooth, from @pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon's collection.

Might it be one ? Sadly, there arent any good pictures of it, as its just a free thing you'll get when buying a set of 20 Plesiosaur teeth... Thats why its only shown a the very edge of the picture...

Thanks for any replies !

Screenshot_2024-09-30-20-10-03-934_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-09-30-20-09-20-713_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-09-30-20-09-33-899_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

My account and something about me :   

My still growing collection :

My paleoart :

I'm just a young guy who really loves fossils  YOUTH MEMBER2.jpg

Could be Stelladens, indeed considering the specimen I managed to acquire. However, I rather think it's just an overemphasised facet.

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

I do not think it is Stelladens.., more like mentioned, an overemphasised facet.

Edited by rocket
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, rocket said:

I do not think it is Stelladens.., more like mentioned, an overemphasised facet.

Just to emphasise this is my stance as well.

• Enjoyed 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett