Best European places to discovert paleontology

Fabian

• New Members

Hey,

A friend of mine dreamed to become a paleontologist during his childhood, but has chosen to become a doctor. I would like to organize a weekend to discover a European paleontology site, where should I go ?

Best,

Fabian.

What are his interests?

Especially, is he more interested in looking on fossiliferous outcrops or more interested in digging (but not seeing so much at first sight)?
Franz Bernhard

3 hours ago, Fabian said:

Hey,

A friend of mine dreamed to become a paleontologist during his childhood, but has chosen to become a doctor. I would like to organize a weekend to discover a European paleontology site, where should I go ?

Best,

Fabian.

Europe is big..., possible to visit sites in Spain, France, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Austria, Switzerland, Italy...

Better to decide first what you would like to visit (Dinosaurs?) and where

• I Agree 1

The tone of the question suggests that you and your friend are completely new to that, at least in Europe. I must thus unfortunately warn you that searching/digging for fossils "on the free" this side of the pond might very well land you in serious troubles with the landowners or/and the authorities. Such activities by private citizens are nearly always stricly regulated when not completely prohibited. F. Bernhard can give you all details

HI Fabian.. I have to also ask the question.... are you looking for a place to see great specimens (a museum) or to collect your own fossils with your friend?