Liger75

This looks like igneous rock to me. It is often fractured into block shapes. This looks like a chip that was shed from one of the corners. 

• I Agree 1

It may be time for you to do more research into what sort of rocks can be found in your area. Moreover, showing a bit of gratitude to our members for taking the time to reply with their assistance to your requests would be a courteous gesture. ;) 

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

50 minutes ago, Kane said:

It may be time for you to do more research into what sort of rocks can be found in your area. Moreover, showing a bit of gratitude to our members for taking the time to reply with their assistance to your requests would be a courteous gesture. ;) 

it hasn't even been 3 hours since the post went up he might just not be at the computer/phone

I often take 12+ hours to respond on my own ID requests

Edited by anonaddict

8 minutes ago, anonaddict said:

it hasn't even been 3 hours since the post went up he might just not be at the computer/phone

I often take 12+ hours to respond on my own ID requests

Indeed, although the member has habitually posted other items and not acknowledged the replies. It is important that we foster some basic courtesy.

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

5 minutes ago, Kane said:

Indeed, although the member has habitually posted other items and not acknowledged the replies. It is important that we foster some basic courtesy.

While i agree, I do think its a little strictly enforced, OP hasn't made that many posts.

I agree, they should thank those who spend time to reply, but they don't have to reply immediately. And who knows what is going on in their life too.

Edited by Kohler Palaeontology

1 hour ago, anonaddict said:

While i agree, I do think its a little strictly enforced, OP hasn't made that many posts.

What is "strictly enforced"?  :headscratch:

We only say something after we get a number of posts with no acknowledgement of our efforts.  :(

It's COMMON COURTESY to thank someone for helping you.

OP has had several of their posts answered over the past few days. MORE than enough time to pop in and at the very least, say  "Hey, thanks".   <_<

We foster courtesy here in all other aspects of the Forum interactions. We don't allow personal attacks, we don't allow vitriolic speech or diatribes.

We also try to foster a thankful atmosphere for the people who, UNDER NO OBLIGATION, take time to respond to people requesting ID's for their rocks and fossils.

A little gratitude goes a long way. 

Just sayin'.

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 4

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me