ID help

Allenz

Hi all found this in a dike area with tons of lime stone guessing came from local quarry the facility has been there for over 60 years

took it to a gemologist he said possibly a fossilized bone fragment wanted to see if could possibly identify 

Thanks as always 

IMG_8819.jpeg

IMG_8815.jpeg

IMG_8814.jpeg

IMG_8817.png

IMG_8818.png

No offense but are you a geologist if you read what I said the gemologist made a guess he didn’t say it was bone unless you are expert in field DON’T need your condescending comments keep them to yourself I trust him more than you 

9 minutes ago, Allenz said:

No offense but are you a geologist if you read what I said the gemologist made a guess he didn’t say it was bone unless you are expert in field DON’T need your condescending comments keep them to yourself I trust him more than you 

Go fish. 

40 minutes ago, Allenz said:

:headscratch:I think maybe something was misinterpreted here. It doesn't sound to me like @Rockwood was trying to be condescending.  Bone is easily recognizable once you are familiar with it...you don't need to be an expert to ID it.  

• I Agree 4

Fin Lover

image.png.e69a5608098eeb4cd7d1fc5feb4dad1e.png image.png.e6c66193c1b85b1b775526eb958f72df.png image.png.65903ff624a908a6c80f4d36d6ff8260.png image.png.e69a5608098eeb4cd7d1fc5feb4dad1e.png

image.png.7cefa5ccc279142681efa4b7984dc6cb.png

From a geologist: the matrix doesn’t look like the type that would contain bone. I see glass with some air bubbles: possibly slag. 

Also, please help us better understand your posts by punctuating them.

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 2

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

I suggest that you show all of them to the knowledgeable folks at Mindat. Let us know what they say.

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.