Huntonia (?Huntoniatonia) huntonensis and oklahomae: what is the difference?

rocket

I tried to give a Trilobite a name. This is for sure Huntonia (or Huntoniatonia???) and it looks like huntonensis (when I follow some pics) or oklahomae (when I follow other pics...).

I found a notice that both are the same, but could not verify this in the net...

Takes some hours now :coffee:, two more and I go crazy :CoolDance:

I am sure, TFF is faster...

Pic of the Trilo is added, comes from Clarita, Coal County, Oklahoma, Cravat-Member

approx. 5 cm long including spine

THANKS!

image.thumb.jpeg.3edcdf33ee1cb261b20f8bef7cff1aac.jpeg

• Enjoyed 1

The posted specimen is Huntoniatonia lingulifer. The distinguishing feature is the elongated caudal spine compared to the shorter spine length of H. huntonensis and H. oklahomae. The taxon was renamed Huntoniatonia as 'Huntonia' was discovered to be preoccupied by an extant isopod.

image.thumb.png.8bd5b2bc97b2f0c8029c4fb6470b42dd.png

• I found this Informative 2

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

thanks, @piranha, this helps to sleep good this night :rolleyes:

We have 4 or 5 more Huntoniatonia with different long caudal spines, one is extremely long, half of the trilobite...

I will post them the next time. I was happy to dig them in our storage some days ago, unexpected find... Came to us with an old collection some years ago and I started to unpack the boxes now :fear:. Great place to dig..., found a lot of unpacked boxes so it took a bit longer than expected... :default_faint:

3 minutes ago, rocket said:

We have 4 or 5 more Huntoniatonia with different long caudal spines, one is extremely long, half of the trilobite...

The length of the spine is quite variable on Huntoniatonia lingulifer happy0144.gif

image.thumb.png.4a9517fe40439e99384b644216665acc.png

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png