rocket

In France there is a great publisher of minerals and fossils.

The books and booklets are fantastic and very informative.

The publisher has been around for almost 30 years now, but no more. It will close at the end of the year.

You can still order on the website and many books and booklets are still available.
Not that anyone thinks I have a profit here and would therefore post it... We are friends and I think it's a shame that the publisher is closing. Unfortunately because of too few subscribers...

Minéraux & Fossiles, vente en ligne des revues Fossiles et Le Règne Minéral (minerauxetfossiles.com)

Edited by rocket

Oh, man, that's a shame! They indeed have various great publications, of which I have numerous amongst my book collection! Will need to pick some more of them up before the end of the year, then...! :SadSmile:

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

The have a booth at the Munich show (as far as I can read in the exhibiters list) for the members who go there.

This is sad.  I bought a few of their Fossiles pubs at their booth in Sainte Marie earlier this year.  I'll have to review the selection again.. and pay for shipping rather than airfare.  

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Mineraux et Fossiles to be shut down

Here is a good article with lots of English translations as to why they are shutting down. Physical books and magazines are not as popular as they once were.

https://www.mindat.org/article.php/4957/The+loss+of+le+Règne+Minéral+and+the+future+of+publications+for+the+mineral+hobby

Edited by DPS Ammonite
  • I Agree 1

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.