Moth.11

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure if dromaeosaurids are found in Morrocco. I mean, I see them for sale a lot but have heard they're not actually found there.

I'm sure I'll be corrected on that...

dromaeosaurids Are rare but they are found in the Kem kem fields. Most teeth listed are misidentified abelisaurid teeth. But actual dromaesaurid teeth are found there rarely. I remember a few posts from troodon here on the forum confirming it. He mentioned that you need to confirm it with a serration count. They are also visually slightly different from abelisaurid. Dromaesaur teeth are thinner then abelisaurs.

unfortunately I still haven’t figured out how to link topics but a search for Morocco dromaesaur tooth should bring it up…  

Edited by Randyw
  • I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1

Although the teeth pictured all look like abelisaurids not dromaesaur to me…

• I Agree 3

Actually it’s a different one I was thinking of. the title of the one I’m thinking of is Morocco dromaesaur tooth.  From June 2016.

but I still can’t get it to link

IMG_1320.jpeg

Edited by Randyw

Not a tech guy but I think it's called a URL??

I'm referring to the text that says:   https://   etc...

I just copy and paste that, but I do use a laptop, which makes it easier than a phone, but that's how I do it.

image.png.f60959382f2a673174df909b9492e1f5.png

And yes, the teeth do look more abelisaur than dromaeosaurid to me.

49 minutes ago, Randyw said:

Actually it’s a different one I was thinking of. the title of the one I’m thinking of is Morocco dromaesaur tooth.  From June 2016.

but I still can’t get it to link

IMG_1320.jpeg

Your adress bar might be hidden in browser settings. Depending what you are using.

But one other way to copy the link is to right click (PC) or hold (phone) the route you would use to enter that topic/site. Then choose copy link. In same way you can paste it to the comment box.

There's no such thing as too many teeth.

I use an iPad. None of those options work sorry. Just search for that title in the forums search feature. Mark all words, titles only, and 2016 in the search options it the only one that comes up

Edited by Randyw

These are Abelisaurid teeth from the KK beds. They are pretty common . 

All though many , has still to be uncovered and officially named , they still havent found a full complete one. But as of now, this is what they are listed and named at. 

Keep in mind, the quality of these are pretty rough, you can find beter ones out there. 

These teeth all appear to be abelisaurid. Some individual Kem Kem teeth were previously referred to Dromaeosauridae, but a recent paper suggests those teeth are most likely abelisaurid and noasaurid. More info here: 

• I found this Informative 1