found a few lately

subsonicdrone

i have been working in south Ajax, Ontario, Canada and i was walking from where i had parked my vehicle to the worksite when i spotted a fossil

someone must have dropped it because the roadside gravel is a different size and type of rock

there is shale at the beach there and nice pyritized fossils to be found there

also a month ago or so i had my nephews out  east of the city and found this fossil (not sure what it is) in some gravel at a go cart track

i found another nice imprint of a gastropod recently too but cant find it at the moment to photograph it :)

i found it while canoeing up highland creek

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0588.JPG

• Enjoyed 1

It's not quite clear from your statements what's what here, but the first photo just looks like a rock and not a fossil and the second is a piece of shale with trilobits.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

i am not sure how to arrange the photos on the page once uploaded.. in the past i have made individual posts for each picture but you are right and the text is in the opposite order to the photos

The second specimen is a pygidium and other bits of the trilobite Pseudogygites latimarginatus.  Black shale with abundant sclerites (and occasional complete specimens) is typical of the Late Ordovician Whitby Formation (also called the Collingwood member by some authors) just above the Lindsay Formation.  Rounded cobbles of this formation are common along the Lake Ontario shore in the Ajax - Oshawa area.

the first specimen is hard to say.  Photos from other angles might help.  There are Silurian corals such as Multisolenia that have very small corallites and might fit.

Are you still working in the Lake Temiskaming area?

Don

Hi Don,

i have not been up there much lately but i might be going up there this coming weekend with my nephew and plan on stopping at least once to look for fossils

i was just reviewing the paper you sent me the other day

i will report back if i find anything nice