Joseph Fossil

As I've continued my awesome Internship work with Late Cretaceous microfossils at the Chicago Field Museum of Natural History (aka the Best Museum in Chicago), I've recently found two large dromaeosaurid teeth I would like a proper ID for. The micro fossils are 68-66 Million Years old and are from the Maastrichtian Cretaceous age Hell Creek Formation in what is now the U.S. States of North Dakota, South Dakota, and Montana.

I think these two specimens belong to the taxon previously called "Dakotaraptor".

7 hours ago, Joseph Fossil said:

@jpc @Runner64 @hadrosauridae @digit Any thoughts you guys on the ID of these specimens?:zzzzscratchchin:

2 hours ago, Runner64 said:

Specimen 1 is an Acheroraptor tooth. I believe specimen 2 is too fragmentary to ID.

I agree that #1 is likely Acheroraptor, and #2 is too incomplete to make a good ID.

• Enjoyed 1

Professional fossil preparation services at Red Dirt Fossils, LLC.

7 hours ago, Runner64 said:

Specimen 1 is an Acheroraptor tooth. I believe specimen 2 is too fragmentary to ID.

I agree as well, it's Acheroraptor as clear as day. The ridges are a dead give away.

Fragment is fragment.

• Enjoyed 1

19 hours ago, Joseph Fossil said:

@jpc @Runner64 @hadrosauridae @digit Any thoughts you guys on the ID of these specimens?:zzzzscratchchin:

Dinosaur material is above my pay grade--Florida was underwater during the time of dinosaurs so they never appear while I'm picking micro-matrix. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

• Enjoyed 1