M3gal0don_M4n

Hello, again! 
I was just at the Beaumaris Fossil beach in order to film the last few scenes. Whilst filming, I came across an object that could either be a tooth or crab claw. I have a feeling it’s likely a crab claw, but if you could check that’d be great. (I only have the video at the moment)

“Deep words go here”- Me, 3/9/24                                                                                                                                                     YOUTHMEMBER2.jpg.69daf4f514282504b65cf9aa9208e90c.jpg

Hello, this appears to be a crab claw. The hollow inside and the small, worn bumps on the inside of the curviture really suggests it :)

Do you think its modern, or a fossil ?

My account and something about me :   

My still growing collection :

My paleoart :

I'm just a young guy who really loves fossils  YOUTH MEMBER2.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply! Remind me, how does the burn test work, and it would it work on this?

“Deep words go here”- Me, 3/9/24                                                                                                                                                     YOUTHMEMBER2.jpg.69daf4f514282504b65cf9aa9208e90c.jpg

I dont know if the burn test works on chitin, I only know that it works on bone.

On bone, you hold a little flame against it. If the area is chared up, burned, and smells bad, you can tell its modern. Fossilized bone would not do any of these things upon holding it against a flame.

I'm sorry, but other, more knowledgeble members must help here now ;)

• I found this Informative 1

My account and something about me :   

My still growing collection :

My paleoart :

I'm just a young guy who really loves fossils  YOUTH MEMBER2.jpg

Hi,

Yes, it is a part of the recent crab claw, and I don’t think the burn test is effective on that.

Coco

• I found this Informative 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Paréidolie : [url=https://www.thefossilforum.com/topic/144611-pareidolia-explanations-and-examples/#comment-1520032]here[/url]

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg