Should I Try To Strengthen Or Stabalize This Meg?

fossiljunkie

hey everyone,

i've been looking at one of the megs i found and don't know if i should alter it in any way. it is a real nice meg except in photo 3 you can see where the root has a piece fractured off. it was found this way and hasn't got any worse but i can't be sure it wouldn't. what i wanted to ask the experts out there is, would you do anything at all or not, and hope for the best, which is the way i'm thinking or would it be wise to maybe add a drop or to of glue over the cracked area to keep it from fracturing any further over time. the meg enamel is in real good shape and it measures a little over 4 1/4" on the slant. not the hugest but i like the looks of the tooth so i really didn't want to see another piece of the root broken off. it doesn't get a lot of handling and as i said i tend to always think to leave the teeth in an untouched, unpolished, unrestored condition. but if the experts could reply with advise i'd really appreciate it.thanks :)B)

post-3598-093053300 1280484301_thumb.jpg

post-3598-034368900 1280484347_thumb.jpg

post-3598-000623700 1280484435_thumb.jpg

Today's the day!

Mel Fisher

thanks tracer. that was my thinking and wanted some pro's opinions. i appreciate that :)B)

Today's the day!

Mel Fisher

How long have you had it without noticing any futher changes? If it's been stable for a considerable length of time, it's probably going to be ok as is. I wouldn't glue yet, but keep an eye on it, and keep the handling to a minimum.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

i last looked in april. no changes before than or since. it is in the condition identical to when it was found. so no changes at all since i've had it. :)B)

Today's the day!

Mel Fisher