Adhesives

ashcraft

I am in the process of building a display case for some artifacts. The case is sort of a shadow box with narrow blade cuts on the shelves to support the artifact upright. I am trying to think of a way to adhere the point of the artifacts to the back of the box, so it won't tip. Ticky tach would work, but it has an oil in it that will stain the case. Hot melt glue would also work, but removing the artifact becomes problematic. I have considered a small amount of rubber cement, but haven't ever used it before. Anybody else got any suggestions?

Brent Ashcraft

ashcraft, brent allen

I wonder if some of the modelling "clay" that never dries out would work? I mean the synthetic stuff that comes in all sorts of colors.

I wonder if some of the modelling "clay" that never dries out would work? I mean the synthetic stuff that comes in all sorts of colors.

That is basically what ticky tack is, but unfortunately the way it stays moist is by using oil, which will stain the masonite backing I used in the case.

Brent Ashcraft

ashcraft, brent allen

Velcro and duct tape!! A 3rd world country could make a run at world domination with enough of those two.

Museum Wax; My link

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Museum Wax; My link

Wow, the things people know. Have you had any experience with it?

Brent Ashcraft

ashcraft, brent allen

Google Geo-Tac or mineral tack. It is also supposed to be good for that kind of stuff.

Edited by MikeD

Wow, the things people know. Have you had any experience with it?

Brent Ashcraft

Works fine, but best for non-porous material.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

go to walmart and buy the E6000 $4 or $5 its in the craft section.its a great adhesive and when you want to take it off it easily pulls off

faith is a journey not a destination

www.rockhobbies.com